Saturday, August 10, 2013

Signs you've taken too much L-methylfolate...

When I started this out, I wanted fast facts on how much I had to take.  You know, like what dose should I be taking.  I have one mutated gene and I'm 150 pounds, so I should take ____ mg, while my husband with two mutations and more weight should take ____ mg.  Yah, that doesn't happen.  All the websites say a doctor should monitor it at higher doses, but try finding a doctor (aside from a psychiatrist who uses it to treat mental illness).

There are some indications when you are taking too much l-mthylfolate.  They are (as taken from this site):

  • Irritability
  • Anxiety
  • Nausea
  • Headaches
  • Insomnia
Dr. Lynch advises to back off for a day or a week and then start back up slowly.

So far, mthfr.net is one of biggest resources I have found, along with several smaller resources.  Does anyone know of any other good sites that offer insightful (not crap-shoot) research and information about this mutation?

No comments:

Post a Comment